Why is a DJ Important to the Music Industry?
DJ (Disc Jockey) is a person who plays existing recorded music for live audience, and sometimes they also play their own compositions or do their own versions of existing songs. They usually perform at a music festival or night club or at a wedding function, or at some other corporate or private function that uses record players, usually turntables, to manipulate sounds on phonograph records. You also say that DJ play music for the enjoyment of the listening people.
DJ is mainly used for playing musical numbers and recordings in parties and events. Role of a DJ depends on the type and purpose of events. Today I will let you know about the importance of DJ in the Music Industry:
- DJ (Disc Jockey) is extremely important to the music Industry. They directly play music in front of the audience and interact with them on a regular basis than other type of musicians. Disc Jockey clearly stands the taste of fan whereby engaging in direct and regular interaction.
- The world of music has created a solid relationship with Disc Jockey. In the music industry, DJ is the first to know about which new artists have a buzz, what songs have no audience reaction and what songs are liked by the audiences.
- In music industry, DJ must be able to select and play music using multiple turntables to backup one or more rappers. And it also helps to perform turntable scratching to create percussive sound. They can also help music producers often because music producers use sampling and turntables to create backing instrumental for new tracks.
- A professional DJ must have knowledge of different music genres, know how to combine and mix the different types of music numbers. They should be updated on current hits and trends in music and also respond to the preferences of the audience.
- When performing for a wedding, live function, a prom night, a Christmas celebration or a corporate event, a DJ has the power of transforming the entire musical experience for the guests. They play songs and music according to the specific occasion, celebration and as per the preference of the audience.
A DJ can bring the dynamics and liveliness to a musical event which no other medium and way is able to match. A DJ is one who holds expertise in creating a great impression in front of the audiences. They are the ones who know how to turn something average into exciting by bringing creativity and musical instincts to the front.